|1/8 - 5/8OZ
|8 PLUS TIP
|SHAKY HEAD, T-RIG, WACKY RIG, JIGS, TUBES, SWIMBAITS
Does the right spinning rod for kayak fishing matter? Does sensitivity matter? Does balance matter? Does the right action matter? Does durability matter? The answer is YES.
Built in Sanford, NC
Cashion Rods developed a spinning rod for kayak fishing. The CK spinning rod was specially engineered for kayak fishing and developed for anglers of all levels, entry level to seasoned tournament professional.
What makes a spinning rod specific for kayak fishing?
Kayak Spinning Rod Design – Everything starts with the carbon fiber fishing rod blank. Cashion designed ALL NEW blank actions specifically for the CK kayak fishing rod series. New blanks were necessary to ensure the rods were perfect for kayak fishing. The new kayak spinning rod blank is 7’2” with a reinforced tip that is fast loading but very responsive. The reinforced tip in combination with the Medium Heavy backbone allow for lighting fast energy transfer on hook set. Responsive hook sets are necessary on a kayak because the boat is usually not stationary and will drift with current, wind, or pulled toward your hook set. The responsive kayak spinning rod blank doesn’t absorb the energy into the blank but transfers the hookset power into the line for hook penetration. The kayak spinning rod blank was designed for versatility to throw a variety of single hook baits including: shaky heads, wacky rig, t-rig, smaller profile jigs, swimbaits, tubes, etc. The 7’2” length and action of the blank both maximize casting distance.
Kayak Blank Material Science – Cashion designs and builds all blanks in Sanford, NC. The CK Kayak fishing rod blanks were designed all new from the materials up. The Kayak fishing rod blanks utilize an American sourced carbon fiber pre-preg with standard modulus fibers. Cashion introduces new technology in the Kayak fishing rod blanks with an Energy Dissipation Jacket (EDJ). Let’s face it, due to the nature of kayak fishing, Kayak fishermen can be tough on their equipment. EDJ adds another layer of protection for the CK Kayak blanks to prevent fracture from impact. EDJ works as an outer layer around the carbon fibers to absorb and dissipate impacts from hard surfaces. The sensitivity of the Cashion Kayak blanks will be the first thing you notice. All Cashion blanks utilize Advanced Interface Bonding (AIB) which creates ultra high bond strengths at the molecular level between carbon fiber and epoxy matrix. AIB is real material science at work to deliver ultimate sensitivity and durability. The high modulus interface of AIB facilitates transmission of vibrations down the blank into your palm allowing you to feel everything. The raw finish of the CK kayak fishing rod blanks provides a high-end cosmetic look but very practical epoxy encapsulation of the fibers for even more durability.
CK Shaky Head Spinning Rod Features:
- Specially engineered blank for fishing single hook baits from a kayak
- American made blank and American sourced carbon fiber pre-preg
- 7’2” length for added casting distance and fast energy transfer on hook set
- EDJ, AIB, and Raw Finish blank for extreme sensitivity and durability
- ½” Shorter Handle for Maneuverability with PFD but enough handle for leverage
- Carbon Fiber rear grip for durable dense grip to transmit vibrations
- EVA butt grip for added padding and comfort for hook sets and all day fishing comfort
- American Tackle Saltwater Grade guides that easily accommodate braid to fluoro knots
- Down locking reel seat design for direct blank contact for added sensitivity
- Best hook keeper design on the market. Engineered placement of hook keeper for fast lure hook up and removal