Date of Last Revision: February 15, 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, while it is unlikely, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address;
- if applicable, your Big Adventures user ID and password;
- credit card information;
- any account-preference information you provide us;
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating; where your computer is located on the Internet; and
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
When you access or use our Service or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, IP address, internet provider, unique device identifiers, browser type and other details, such as MAC address and geolocation if your device permits sharing your precise geolocation.
Activity Information: We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, the amount of time you spent viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, links clicked, emails we send to you that you open or forward, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Call Recordings: We record phone calls with our customer service team for training, quality assurance and administration purposes. If required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before recording your call.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You can erase or disable cookies by changing the preferences in your web browser or by visiting https://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Big Adventures may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that Big Adventures may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want Big Adventures to collect information about you, please contact Big Adventures to opt out
Other information we collect
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other customers who provide information about you (such as to send you a gift), fraud prevention providers, advertising and analytics providers, market research companies, mailing list providers and social media sites.
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Sites; research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely. We do not sell information and you will have the chance to opt out or unsubscribe from any marketing materials that do come.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products, surveys and marketing materials, and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service; and
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Big Adventures, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Should you wish to request any and all Personal Information collected, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com or 828-698-5778(according to California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and/or General Data Protection Regulaton (GDPR).
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services and events offered by Big Adventures and others, and provide news and information we think may be of interest to you, such as by sending you catalogs and other marketing material;
- Provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Service;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Big Adventures and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We share personal information with third parties for their own services and marketing purposes.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Big Adventures, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Big Adventures and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to show you ads that are customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted. We are not responsible or liable for such parties mismanagement or other privacy breaches outside of our knowledge or control. We will make best efforts to change or update our data storage system and parties should there be concerns or notice about issues.
YOUR PRIVACY RESPONSIBILITIES
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Big Adventures Website when you are finished; and
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION USERS/VISITORS
Big Adventures’ operations are located in the United States of America. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States of America. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio data and inferences. For details about the precise data points we collect, the categories of sources of such collection and the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information, please see the Information We Collect and What We Do With Your Information sections above.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we sell, which, for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which Big Adventures has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration.
In the preceding 12 months, we have sold the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties to provide you with advertising and marketing communications:
You have the right to opt out of these sales at any time by reaching out and notifying us per the contact information we provide on this Page. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you;
- The right to request that we delete personal information we have collected about you;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, you may call us at 828-698-5778 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. If you do not have an online account, we may ask for your email address, order numbers of previous orders of our products and services, or the last four digits of a credit or debit card used to make a purchase. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
Shine The Light
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code section 1798.83) permits California residents to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Big Adventures qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, notify us per the contact information we provide on this Page. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
You must be at least 13 years old to use Big Adventures‘s Sites and Services, but you must be at least 18 years old to make purchases on our Sites. Big Adventures does not knowingly collect information from children under 18. (See the [U.S.A.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Thank you for choosing Big Adventures!